Not all the things that you can see is true. Sometimes, you also need some leap of faith to see through it. :)

Friday, October 8, 2010

A Little Contribution For Saint Louis University on its Centennial :)




Prayer

Almighty Father,
                                You never let me down every time I need You; You give me the strength to make it through each day, with these I thank You. We thank You for the fruitful one hundred years of Saint Louis University as the Light of the North. Father, I seek for Your guidance as I grow as a Louisian student. May I be able to do what is right for me and for others, to express what I have in my mind, to be sensitive to the feelings and moaning of others, and to love my neighbour as I love You.

As another century comes, may You give Saint Loius University the strength to face all the obstacles it will encounter—that there will be no happenings that might destroy its name. May You also give all the Louisians the competitiveness, creativity, social involvement, and Christian spirit as from the Mission Vision entails. Lastly, may You guide SLU to maintain its excellence not only in teaching academically, but also in teaching morals and values to all its students. These I ask through Your Son, Jesus Christ.

St. Aloysius de Gonzaga, pray for us. AMEN.


Poem

God of love,
You send us light from above.
You give us what we should have,
So we could soar high like a dove.

Saint Louis University, so lucky to have!
Given by God, second from our life.
Gay and cheerful once we have land,
To its parameter, everyday of our lives.

My second while away from true home,
Makes me happy and never makes me feel alone.
Especially when I’m with my friends at the corridor,
As we go walking, laughing and make some noise.

Filled with skilled teachers and counsellors,
Also with nurses, cashiers, and doctors.
When I need help, they are those I look for,
Understanding every word that they order.

So see if there is no SLU?
The future will not smile at me and you!
So study right for your family’s future,
Because from right now, that’s what I can picture.

Happy 100th Anniversary SLU! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment