Not all the things that you can see is true. Sometimes, you also need some leap of faith to see through it. :)

Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Memory I'll Forever Reminisce :)

Ever since that day began, I felt a little awkward. There are going to be some people that we are going to meet (who we personally don’t know) for a competition and project. As that day started we were only five who met. Maybe some of them were busy on that day. We went to Baguio Botanical Garden, the one we’ve chosen to be featured in our project, and probably that was my second time to enter the park. There have been lots of changes unlike before. In the jeepney, no one’s talking. I and Andrea are talking, and them, Jessica, Jamie and Nicole are talking too, but for like separately, as in SEPARATELY. But my thoughts all went wrong. I thought that it would be somewhat awkward, yet I fell so easily comfortable with them.
We were much aware of what 4Mapagpakumbaba had accomplished, for winning the International CyberFair Competition last year when they were also in third year. It was being repeatedly narrated to us by our mentor, so it was like a challenge for me and for us. For me, honestly, when our mentor asked us if we really wanted to join, I wasn’t really into it. But at that moment I was afraid of raising my hand because of two reasons. First is I’m afraid that I might be the only one to raise my hand and say NO. And second, I’m afraid that our mentor will get mad at me. But I was shocked when there was a person who negated (and take note, he was the only one who said NO). So all of us said YES, poor 3Sci, we were so plastik at that time. LOL. J
In the middle of our journey in finishing the project, that was the only time when I really felt how hard it is to finish such. I even talk to myself and say: “Ish. Sana talaga nagtaas na lang ako ng kamay noon nung tinanong ni Sir kung sinong may ayaw!” But I am already here, we can’t stop now. Now that we’ve spent a lot of time doing this, not having enough sleep.
When we started to make this CyberFair project, I thought it would be so much pain for us. And yes, indeed, it was a pain. We have to sleep late just to finish everything for it, prioritize this than our other subjects. It was such a pain, yet we know that in the end, if we are going to win, the efforts and pain will be paid off, and so proud to bear.
While doing the project you can not avoid misunderstandings among your group members. Some maybe angry already, yet they’re not saying it to avoid bigger fights. In a group, you cannot finish anything if you’re not going to work as one. You have to listen to each other; listen to everyone’s opinions; there should be teamwork and proper coordination.
Efforts are good especially when it will be paid off in the end. It’s like a sacrifice, it’s so hard to bear yet so fulfilling to give.

1 comment: